USTA SOCAL TENNIS
Manager, Community Tennis
Manager, Community Tennis
Los Angeles, CA
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for increasing tennis participation by developing, ensuring
implementation, expanding, and sustaining community based tennis programs within Southern
California. This position establishes strong relationships with the Southern California tennis
delivery systems including tennis and non-tennis organizations and volunteers.
- Primary Qualifications:
- ● Promote, develop and ensure implementation of tennis programs throughout Southern
- ● Oversee and implement the USTA Net Generation Schools Program
- ● Develop a plan and secure support from key community leaders including leaders of
- parks departments, schools, recreational leaders, member organizations, and other
- groups to promote and develop the growth of tennis.
- ● Represent USTA Southern California by attending, coordinating and/or assisting in
- workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system.
- ● Identify, conduct, and/or develop educational and training opportunities to strengthen
- the delivery system capabilities
- ● Carry out administrative work that includes preparing reports and various USTA
- program tasks
- ● Assist in planning and development of department goals and objectives
- ● Develop a working relationship with community based organizations such as:
- YMCA/YWCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, PAL, etc.
- ● Oversee, develop and support all community based tennis programs
- TRAVEL DEMANDS: This position requires moderate travel, to include, but not limited to:
- Travel throughout Southern California as appropriate to fulfill responsibilities, events, and
- workshops as requested.
- Additional Qualifications:
- ● Strong customer service skills
- ● Administrative and organizational skills
- ● Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- ● Ability to work well with and motivate others
- ● A self-starter and able to perform a wide range of necessary duties on own initiative.
- ● High energy and enthusiasm with a desire to promote tennis
- ● Bilingual a plus
- ● College degree or relevant work experience
- Other Details:
- This is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid
- vacation, paid parking and laptop.
- SafePlay background check and completion of SafeSport training required. A valid drivers
- license and reliable vehicle is a must. Our offices are located on the UCLA campus in Los
- Angeles. We are currently working remote until further notice.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
- employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
- protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.