USTA SOCAL TENNIS
Career Opportunities / Web Experience Developer
Web Experience Developer
Main Office – Los Angeles, CA
SafePlay background check and completion of SafeSport training required, as well as a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Our offices are located on the UCLA Campus in Los Angeles. (Currently, the USTA team is working remotely from home.) We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Web Experience Developer (WED) is responsible for executing and maintaining front and back-end production and maintenance of USTA Southern California’s websites (both its own site and its presence on the USTA National site), including building out key pages, implementing new templates, overseeing content and Search Engine Optimization best practices and strategy, and overseeing our Content Management Systems.
This is a full-time position, currently working remotely but generally with regular business office hours. The WED will be responsible for receiving and addressing creative and technical website content feedback, working both independently and in unison with USTA staff. Some assignments may be critical in nature and require immediate attention during unscheduled or off-hours.
Submit resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage content production across the two sites, including primary content production of HTML and image assets, and our CMS systems;
- Build out, publish, and manage new templates within CMS to further develop evolving UX.
- Oversee all back-end technology including web hosting, databases, etc.
- Optimization of website properties and impact on the User Experience.
- Creative problem solving for key business initiatives with a production first mindset to speed up time for new initiatives to go live.
- Maintain high SEO, UX, and mobile/cross-browser compatibility. Streamline code as needed to make the site more efficient.
- Cultivate relevant web analytics to evaluate traffic and audience.
- Track and manage domain and server subscriptions to keep accounts in good standing
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Proven work experience developing and managing websites.
- WordPress and Elementor Page Builder experience is required. Familiarity with Gravity Forms, and AWS host services preferred.
- Understanding and/or appreciation of UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Ability to enhance visuals with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, is a plus.
- Vigilant problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience migrating data efficiently.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master emerging web technologies and techniques.
- Additional digital experience with image and video production or editing a plus.