USTA Southern California has a rich history of success in USTA Senior Women’s Intersectional Team competition, and the Section is seeking its next #TeamSoCal representatives in 2021. USTA SoCal is now accepting applications for the 2021 Women’s Intersectionals.
The USTA’s National Senior Women’s Intersectional Team Championships has offered high-level team play for more than 30 years and is now the largest senior women’s tournament in the country. Each year, Sections build competitive teams in the Women’s 35s, Women’s 45s, Women’s 55s, Women’s 65s, Women’s 75s, Women’s 80s, and now Women’s 85s divisions. Teams consist of 5-7 players and team matches include singles and doubles.
This year’s event will be hosted November 8-14 at Phoenix Tennis Center and Scottsdale Ranch Park. For more information on this year’s event, click here.
Players who meet eligibility criteria ae encouraged to submit applications through August 15th. Selections will be made by August 20th. If you are a woman over 35 years old and are interested in applying for one of our Intersectional spots, please fill out this form after considering the following:
Player Selection Criteria:
1. Must have a current record of tournament or league play at section, national and/or international level -OR- must be a former college or professional player with proven ability
2. Must be physically able to play in the event (no non-playing team members)
3. Must have a record of good sportsmanship
4. Must be willing and able to be a cooperative and positive member of the team
5. Must have a strong understanding that she is representing the section when she travels to the event, and must represent Southern California with honor at all times.
6. Must be available to play for the full duration of her team’s match schedule.
Competitors who represent #TeamSoCal will receive a $400 travel assistance check, as well as the $110 player registration fee and a #TeamSoCal branded item.
With additional questions, please contact Director of Adult Tennis Madeline Segura (firstname.lastname@example.org).