An Area League Coordinator (ALC) is a part-time employee with USTA Southern California and a member of the Adult Department. He/she is the front-line field representative of his/her designated league area. The ALC will work from a home office and manage all administrative duties pertaining to his/her league area. Some travel to local facilities and sectional events may be required. The primary duty of the ALC is to increase participation in the USTA League program and engage its players and captains.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of USTA National and Section League Regulations
- Generate local league match schedules to meet Section deadlines
- Monitoring team and player eligibility
- Develop and administer local league policies in accordance with the USTA and Section League Regulations.
- Work quickly to identify and resolve local league issues
- Recruit and train team captains
- Organize and conduct captain’s meetings
- Develop a working relationship with local clubs and community tennis groups to promote and grow national, section, and local programs
- Participate in coordinator meetings, conference calls, one-on-ones, and trainings
- Proven knowledge of USTA League program and section programs/initiatives
- Previous experience managing and working tennis events, previous play in USTA Leagues is a plus
- Focus on customer service
- Ability to travel in a reliable car; Valid CA Driver’s license required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Highly motivated, organized, objective, enthusiastic, and a team player
- Candidate must live in or around the Ventura league area
- Paid sick leave
- 401(k) Plan
For consideration, please send a detailed cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
USTA Southern California is committed to building a diverse staff and creating a diverse environment throughout Southern California. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.