USTA Southern California is looking for a Coordinator, Community Tennis, to help bring tennis programming to schools, public parks, non-profit partners, and under-resourced communities throughout Southern California.
- Promote, develop and ensure implementation of all Community Tennis programs.
- Engage with community leaders, including leaders of parks departments, schools, recreational organizations, tennis organizations, and other community-based groups to promote and develop the growth of tennis, especially in under-served regions within the section.
- Represent USTA Southern California by attending, coordinating and/or assisting in tennis events or meetings designed to strengthen the tennis delivery system
- Identify, conduct, and/or develop educational and training opportunities for tennis coaches and providers
- Carry out administrative work that includes preparing reports and presentations
- Work on-court clinics, workshops and trainings
- Manage community storage space
- Assist in the planning and development of Community Department goals/objectives and support department managers in all Community Tennis program activities.
- Strong tennis experience Teaching/Coaching/Playing
- Experience with USTA Net Generation and Youth Progression curriculum
- Administrative and organizational skills with experience in computer programs, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Familiarity serving as a community liaison and coordinating outreach efforts focused on areas and communities of color
- Ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Ability to work well with others
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Understanding of the non-profit community a plus
- 2-year College degree desired
- The position requires traveling throughout Southern California during weekdays and some weekends. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is a must. Applicants should be prepared to work on-court, off-site and weekends.
- This is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation, paid parking and laptop
- SafePlay background check and completion of SafeSport training is required
- Livescan background check is required for L.A. Parks & Recreation
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Offices are located on the UCLA campus in Los Angeles; however, we currently are working remotely until further notice.
For consideration, please send a detailed cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Community Tennis department is committed to building a diverse staff and creating a diverse environment throughout USTA Southern California. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.